Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
This website is owned by and operated by, or on behalf of, The Folio Society Ltd. If you have any questions regarding the website or these terms and conditions, or in the unlikely event that you have any complaints about any products purchased by you from the website, you can contact us by telephone on 020 7400 4200. Alternatively, you can email us through our contact page.
The Folio Society
4 Maguire Street
Company registration numbers
Company Registration Number: 01015675 England
UK VAT Registration Number: 235 6309 67
Canada GST Registration Number: 1240 37011 RT 0001
Australia ABN Registration Number: 61 092 468 025
France VAT number: FR 36 850653148
Belgium VAT number: BE 0466.712.332
Germany VAT number: DE 326782241
Sweden VAT number: SE 502052503501
New Zealand VAT number: 130-471-900
You can order online at any time or by phone 8am to 10pm (UK time), seven days a week. Visit www.foliosociety.com or call 020 7400 4200.
Our dedicated customer service team is available to answer your emails or take your calls between 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday (UK time).
Telephone: 020 7400 4200
OFFER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
From time to time The Folio Society runs promotions and offers on selected books. Qualifying offers will either be automatically applied to your order, or you will be instructed on how to redeem it via a voucher code – on your order form, at checkout on the website, or when you place your order by telephone. All of our promotional offers are subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Offers are only valid on the products specified and cannot be used on sale or promotional items which are already discounted, unless otherwise stated.
- Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer unless otherwise stated.
- Offers are valid for a limited period of time, as specified in the marketing communication in print or on the website; they cannot be used outside of that period.
- Offers are not valid on limited editions (unless otherwise stated) or delivery charges.
- If you apply a voucher to an order which exceeds the value of that order, we cannot reimburse the difference.
All orders are subject to stock availability and we reserve the right to withdraw, amend or extend offers at any time, without prior notice.
The Folio Literary Quiz
- The Friday quiz closes each week at 18.00 (UK Time) on Thursday of the following week.
- Only one entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
- There is one prize of a £20/$35/$45 Folio voucher for the winner of each quiz.
- The winner will be drawn by The Folio Society using a computer programme to randomly generate a winner from the entries who have answered all the questions correctly.
- The winner will be notified the day after closing by the email address they specified when they entered the Quiz. Only the winner will be notified.
- If the winner does not claim the prize within 30 days of being notified, they will forfeit the prize and a re-draw will take place. To claim the prize, the winner must follow the instructions in the email. The winner’s Folio voucher will be sent to them via email.
- The winner is responsible for paying income tax (if any) due on the prize.
- If entering with a company email address, entrants confirm that they have the permission of the organisation to enter.
- There is no cash alternative to the Folio voucher.
- Staff of the Folio Society and their family members are not eligible to enter the Quiz.
- In the event of any dispute, The Folio Society’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the Quiz, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Please retain a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
- Promotor: The Folio Society, Clove Building, 4 Maguire Street, London SE1 2NQ
Folio Mystery Book
One free Mystery Book per order only (excludes Limited edition orders).
No cash alternatives or substitutions.
Discount excludes the cost of delivery.
Offers valid until midnight (UK Time) Thursday 18 June 2020, or while stocks last.
DELIVERY AND RETURNS
Postage will be charged at a flat rate for one title, or for two or more titles, regardless of the number of volumes.
Standard charges exclude limited editions and some selected larger and heavier titles.
|Number of books||Postage|
|1 standard title||£5.99|
|2 or more standard titles||£8.99|
|Limited editions and other larger titles*||
Individual postage rates apply to limited editions or where specified. See order form or online checkout for further details.
Please note that limited editions will be shipped separately and we are unable to deliver to PO Box addresses as a signature is required.
Your parcel will be delivered by either Royal Mail or our courier DX. Tracking information and full delivery options will be confirmed in an email from the carrier. Please allow 5 to 7 days for delivery.
Please note that we are not able to group together more than one order in a single despatch, even if the orders are sent out separately.
Deliveries on all orders are Monday to Friday only.
On limited editions and other large and heavy items or books of high value, postage charges vary. The postage charge that applies will be itemised in your basket. Each limited edition is sent separately from standard book orders. For further information please contact customer service.
We are unable to deliver limited edition orders to PO Box addresses as a signature is required.
Each limited edition order is sent out separately.
For an additional £4, orders placed before midday will be delivered by DPD the next working day. Please note, DPD do not deliver over the weekend, so orders placed after midday Friday will be delivered on the following Tuesday. Tracking information and full delivery options will be confirmed in an email from the carrier. (Some postcode exceptions apply, and deliveries may take longer – please see below for details).
Express delivery to the following postcodes will take 2 working days, e.g. orders placed at 10am on Monday will be delivered on Wednesday.
|Scottish Highlands||AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50|
|Scottish Islands||HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3|
|Offshore||GY, JE, IM, PO30-41, TR21-25|
How do I return a Folio book?
If for any reason a book does not meet your expectations, you may return it to us within 4 weeks and we will arrange for an exchange or refund (excluding postage). Please enclose a note explaining the reason for the return along with your name, address and your customer number. When returning a parcel to us we recommend you obtain proof of postage.
Our return address is:
The Folio Society
We are extremely proud of our books. We make every effort to describe them accurately and produce them to the highest possible standards. In the unlikely event that a book you receive is imperfect or damaged in transit, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will always provide a replacement, or when necessary, a full refund of the price paid.
Your attention is drawn to the following conditions and your use of this website is subject to the acceptance of these conditions:
- The Folio Society accepts no liability to any person for loss or damages incurred as a result of reliance upon material contained on this website.
- By logging in, you will be assuming all risks associated with use of the site, including risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via The Folio Society website or your access to it.
- This website is intended for personal use only.
The text and images contained on this website belong to The Folio Society and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights. You may print or download text and images for personal use only but any copies retain the copyright or intellectual property notices contained in the original material. Any other use could lead to action for breach of copyright.
No part of this website may be reproduced or published without prior written permission from The Folio Society.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- The Folio Society reserves the right to decline any book order without reason or explanation.
- The Folio Society reserves the right to make alterations to an advertised book offer or promotion or to withdraw it without prior notice.
- If you are not completely satisfied with any book you may return it within four weeks for a replacement, exchange or credit card refund.
- Your statutory rights are not affected.