Each cookie used on foliosociety.com falls into either of the categories: strictly necessary, performance, functional or targeting. These categories and the cookies that sit within these categories are detailed below.
Strictly necessary cookies are essential for the correct operation of foliosociety.com. These cookies are downloaded on to your browser when you perform a certain action on the Folio Society website (e.g.: logging in) and by using the Folio Society website you are accepting consent for use of these cookies. These are essential for the website to work and cannot be opted out of. For example, these cookies allow books that you add to your basket to be remembered at checkout.
The cookies classed as 'strictly necessary' are as follows:
To monitor web performance and determine the source of our online traffic, foliosociety.com uses Google Analytics cookies and other third-party cookies to track visits. These cookies do not send sensitive information and data is not personally identifiable. The cookies used on foliosociety.com to track performance are:
• Google Analytics: https://www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js
• Facebook Cookies [csm, datr, lu, locale, c_user, s, xs]
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to your personal interests. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies are:
• ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.2.6/jquery.min.js - Google Adwords Conversion, Google Dynamic Retargeting, Google Adwords User Lists
• gtag.js - Google DoubleClick - Direct Buy
• connect.facebook.net/en_US/fbevents.js – Facebook Connect, for Events and Conversion
• bat.bing.com/bat.js – Bing Conversion
• tc.min.js - Cadreon / RocketFuel
If you wish to opt-out of the third party cookies set at foliosociety.com or other websites visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu to set your preferences.
For details of how to delete or opt-out of cookies, you can find general information at www.allaboutcookies.org and browser-specific information via the following links:
• Internet Explorer: How to disable Cookies
• Firefox: Enabling and disabling Cookies
• Safari: Managing Cookies
• Google Chrome: How do I turn off Cookies?
• Opera: Security & privacy
(Please note that all of these links are to third party sites for which The Folio Society is not responsible.)